Day 4: Never x 5

Day 4: Never x 5 

Often, and especially in this challenging season, we may be going through tough times when we ask, ‘Are you there, God? What’s happening?’ The circumstances may seem completely out of control, with no way out. 

“Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.””
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:5‬ ‭

What many versions miss out, is this – in the Greek, the words that are translated to ‘never’ are not just the strongest negatives, they are also ordered and repeated in a significant way. If this verse were translated exactly, it would sound like this – “I will never, I will never leave you and I will never, I will never, I will never forsake you.” 

Pastor Sammy Thangiah 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE IMPACT OF ADAM AND EVE’S SIN ON THE WORLD

AGE OF THE MORDERN MISSIONARY MOVEMENT