Day 12: Surely Goodness

Day 12: Surely Goodness


Since we live in ever-changing circumstances, sometimes, we may begin to believe that God’s favor is seasonal or temporary. Again, and again, the Word of God tells us of the truth - God’s love and favor are constant, unchanging, and permanent.

In Psalm 23:6, David writes, Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (KJV)

The psalmist says ‘surely’, meaning affirmatively and with certainty. God’s favor following us is a sure thing! When I studied the word used for ‘goodness’ in the Hebrew, it is the same word that refers to favor. Similarly, the word used for ‘mercy’ here, also means favor. God is confirming twice that His favor is upon your life. What’s more, we are not running after the goodness of God, it is running after us.

DECLARE: I declare that the favor of God will set me apart. Favor will qualify me and protect me. Thank you, God, that because of Jesus, your goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE IMPACT OF ADAM AND EVE’S SIN ON THE WORLD

AGE OF THE MORDERN MISSIONARY MOVEMENT