Prayer of the destitute

Psa 102:17 KJ2000 He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
The title of the Psalms 102
  A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and pours out his complaint before the LORD.
The psalm 102 starts with the prayer 
1 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto you.
 2  Hide not your face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline your ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.
The reason for the desperate prayer 
 3  For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as a hearth.
 4  My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread.
 5  Because of the voice of my groaning my bones cling to my skin.
 6  I am like a vulture of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert.
 7  I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
 8  My enemies reproach me all the day; and they that rail against me are sworn against me.
 9  For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping,
 10  Because of your indignation and your wrath: for you have lifted me up, and cast me down.
 11  My days are like a shadow that declines; and I am withered like grass.
God answers the prayer of the poor
deu 10:18
Psa 10:14-18
psa 68:5
Jesus has compassion on the poor and needy
mat 12:15
mat 14:36
mat 15:21-30
mar 6:55-56
joh 5:6-9
act 10:38 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

520th day of prayer 4 December 2018

436th day of prayer πŸ™ 11 September 2018